Wide Awake

Thursday, May 25, 2017


I wish I knew then
What I know now
Wouldn't dive in
Wouldn't bow down
Gravity hurts
You made it so sweet
Till I woke up on 
On the concrete

Falling from Cloud Nine
Crashing from the high
I'm letting go tonight

Not losing any sleep
Picked up every piece
And landed on my feet
Need nothing to complete myself, no

Thunder rumbling
Castles crumbling
I am trying to hold on
God knows that I tried
Seeing the bright side
But I'm not blind anymore
I'm Wide Awake.

This song actually speaks to me because I had to come off a drug that actually was killing my mind/attitude/life. My psychiatrist recommended it to me, and needless to say I'm never going back to that quack. Now, I never recommended going cold turkey off a medication like that. But, I am one to do it myself. Plus I have a whole family of medical personnel so I've heard stuff and I know how to treat myself. At first it was just annoying, I"d want to eat constantly, then came the insomnia, the wanting of just something... pain that couldn't be relieved, itching, paranoia, depression, crying, breakdowns for no reason, then came the calm after two weeks. That is when I actually knew that I didn't need any more of those meds. That I control how I feel. Not some pill. Now, some people actually do need assistance with their own problems so I don't promote going off your meds until you are certain this isn't working for you. That is why Wide Awake is something that speaks to me personally. For me, my Cloud 9 was medical pill popping while ignoring the problem. 

Anyways, to the post today! I know that was deep but I felt like it needed to be said considering the song I am labeling the post of. First and foremost is the skirt that I am wearing which of course is hot off of the rack at Petry Model! My readers can check out this skirt that comes in multiple colors (and the belt can change colors as well!) at the main store of Petry Model or on their Facebook! Then of course is the pose that I am using which of course has to be Something New with their exclusive event pose which is only at the Thrift Shop (Opens May 27th)! Now, side story... my husbands boss has one of these in RL and it cracks me up because my best friend uses it as a "chariot" for his rolling desk chair. LOL. Last but not least I can't forget Pervette with the tattoo that I am wearing! My readers can pick up this tattoo at the main store of Pervette <3 Happy Shopping <3

Hair: The Countess by Exile

Head: Catya by Catwa

Eyeshadow: Charade Shadow by Veechi

Lipstick: Velvet Creme Lipstick by Veechi

Body: Lara by Maitreya

Choker: Pink Tourmaline Elegant Choker Song of Swans by Sweet Thing. 

Tattoo: Sweet Liberty by Pervette

Top: Frilly Bra Rose by Kaithleen's

Skirt: Skirt VHY by Petry Model FB

Hands: Maitreya Hands by Maitreya

Heels: Angelina Peeptoe Black Python by Gos Boutique

Pose: Hoverboard Female 3 by Something New @ Thrift Shop


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

"These Are a Few of My Favorite Things"

Blog Archive